Vincent Michaud is a half Breton and half Scottish musician and dancer, now living in Finland where he runs a dancing school. As a professional artist, he plays (and combines the techniques of) the Gaelic wire strung-harp, the Siberian torop juh and the Finnish kantele (see his website). Having received the harp of Scottish background, he has studied archaic wire-strung harp techniques for many years.
At previous Nordic Harp Meetings, Vincent taught these workshops:
- Wire-strung harp techniques: coupled hands and gracing.
- Introduction to Ceol Mòr , the great music of Scottish clans.
- Relationship between dance and music, exemplified in the gavotte bigoudenn.
- Utilitarian music (music for working) from the Scottish Hebrides
- Scottish highland dancing
- Folk dance workshop
- Breton dance music from Bro Wened: En dro and laridenn